Search This Blog

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Hydroponics-pre setup.

I recently found out that an old neighbor opened up a hydroponics store. For those of you local, it's EZ Grow Green on Bayshore Boulevard in Port St. Lucie. Their facebook is here:

EZ Grow Green

I've looked into it a few times, but it looked to complicated. After seeing the bucket systems and the easy home depot type, I decided to give it a go. I'd like to grow my hot peppers year round and I'm tired of fighting bugs!

So I bought the bucket system-basically you take a black bucket, drop a basket in it to hold the media, fill it with water and nutrient, add plant, add an airstone and pump and viola! Hydroponics! The kit came with the media, I'm also going to do another bucket using turface from my bonsai.

Then I got the fitting kit and went to home depot and bought two big storage containers. For the media in the baskets I'll use turface since I just bought a bag of it.

The cold snap here has made me gun shy on moving the plants, so I'm going to wait to set it up. I may go ahead and get the pieces all put together, but the garage is full of plants and doesn't have much room to move around in.

I will take pictures and post them here as I get going on it.......stay tuned!

Oh, and for the photography, here's a cute Christmas card I did:

No comments:

Post a Comment